Daffy's Stitchy Friends

Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Christmas Surprise!

Here is what I found in my mailbox yesterday from my friend MHP in France! I love this sweet snowman wall hanging...wasn't that a great surprise?
In other news...I survived a DAY OF HELL at work on Friday. Three people (or was it four?) didn't show up for one reason or another and it was CRAZY busy. Everyone seems to panic when bad weather is coming and flocks to the grocery. We were only forecasted an inch or two of snow...how long can one get housebound with that? Calm down people. This is Oklahoma; we won't run out of food and you won't get stuck at home for weeks on end, I promise!!! SIGH.

However, those that did show up did a fantastic job for me and I thank them. A LOT!

Finally, it is snowing. It's just starting to cover the grass and look pretty. I'd rather a foot of snow than the bit of ice we had last week! So many in Oklahoman are still without power; it's been nearly a week! Thankfully, our electricity only went off for a few hours one night...many were not so lucky. Me? I'm counting my blessings.

3 comments:

crazybeads said...

Thank you for putting my card on your blog....glad you liked it.
I must ask if you liked the bookmarks and sprinkles that were inside??????

hang in there as it's not to long to go till Christmas and surely everyone will calm down in the shopping department...I hope for you.

Barb

Stitchabilities said...

I am glad the weather isn't to bad where you are ,It is always the same when bad weather is forecast people panic!!! 80(

Stitchabilities said...

Have a great christmas Sharon!!!