Daffy's Stitchy Friends

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fair & Square Exchange

I was starting to fix dinner and Rick came in from the mailbox with what Patternnuts calls a puffy! I had a puffy envelope addressed to me and it was my Fair and Square 4th of July exchange from Joan! Yippee!
Here are the wonderful squares she stitched. Look close at the way she stitched the personalised square...isn't it darling?
Here are all the lovely goodies...Joan made a project bag and tuck pillow with firecrackers. She sent some of the fabric used in these. She also made some teardrop floss holders and the cutest chicken pincushion ever! She sent a holiday pin and a flag-painted bucket, some York mints, sweet holiday ribbon and a sample of lotion.
A close-up of the tuck and chicken. Too cute! Wasn't I spoiled?
Thank you so much, Joan!

I've been working on my return exchange to Joan but I doubt I can top what she has sent to me. Oh...dinner was Chicken Parmigiana with spaghetti and steamed cauliflower. It was late but pretty tasty! Super easy too...email me and I'll send you the recipe.
Our Tulsa Talons won last night against the Manchester Wolves. It was a rough game, a comedy of errors to be exact but we scratched, clawed and bit our way to a last-second victory. Whew, I am too out of shape for that much excitement!

13 comments:

Lillie said...

Wonderful gift and well thought off. Enjoy

Mama Joan said...

I am glad that you are happy with my exchange to you. And I am sure yours will be great too.

Anonymous said...

That's a great exchange - lucky you!

mainely stitching said...

Very cute exchange!! :D

patternnuts said...

Oh puffy envelopes are the best aren't they?
Wicked cute stuff too. :)

Annie said...

What a great haul! I check that exchange blog frequently. It looks like a lot of fun. Have you decided what to do with all of them yet?

Sue said...

Great 4th of July exchange you received ;)

Sandra said...

Very spoiled!!! Isn't that nice? I love to be spoiled too lol

BTW I started my own ORT jar... It's amazing the things I learn visiting you blogs!

Rachel S-H said...

What lovely stitching!

staci said...

Congrats on the FABULOUS exchange!!!

Lindsay said...

What a fab exchange package

Carol said...

Sweet squares!

~Julie~ said...

oooooh...ahhhh. That is great! What a "haul" as I like to call it. lol I'm sure Joan is very touched that you cherish and like it so very much; who wouldn't?? ;)


~Julie~